Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Middle Class

My name is Marie and me and my family just moved into Manchester a few months ago. I am 29 years old and Francois, my husband, decided to move to move to Manchester and as the women of the household I came as well. We decided to move to Manchester because the countryside was not as it used to be, and my husband had heard that the cities were thriving. The countryside was becoming less suitable for people of our status, land was for farming and we are not farmers. My husband had an education so we decided to move to Manchester to see what it would hold for us. After a couple months of figuring out where to live Francois decided to move to Manchester. Francois works at the bank now, he had a great education allowing us to prosper here in Manchester and as a result we are known as the "middle class". We are neither rich by inheritance nor are we labor workers, my husband is a respectable man who can support me and our children. Because my husband has money, we decided to get my daughter, Annelise, a governess. She is very bright for a 5 year old, we believe that its important to teach a child the basis at least if not more. Jacques our little 3 year old boy, when he gets older will receive a private tutor that way he may build a family of his own and support them as we have done. Annelise will be taught how to manage a household as I have and when she grows older I will teach her personally on how to run the house and be a perfect wife, it is our duty as mother and wives. Right now me and Francois are making sure are children may become respectable people in society. Along with this I make sure that the house is running in order, and everything is impeccable for my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment