Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Extra Credit Game blog

I did not do very well in this game. It was very hard to persuade the head workers to employ the members of you family, because of the enormity of people who needed work. It was a very big mistake to have six kids to support, and as a result I could not afford any money. I was not able to support the very basics of survival requirement. And it would be very many rounds before I could even toy with the idea of buying a luxury item, for after even two rounds I was close to $15 in debt. Life must have been ridiculous for the laboring class.

2 comments:

  1. Thats interesting. My experience with large families seemed to turn out completely different than yours. I only spent 1-2 dollars (not sure of the exact amount) per person on food, and I gained 5 dollars in revenue. Essentially, each person contributed 3 dollars to the family, which could be used to purchase luxuries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I only had one child, I agree with Cy. In my opinion, the best strategy was to spend only on food, since the point is to have as much money to buy luxuries. Keeping your costs as low as possible and having 3 or more people brought in enough income to buy numerous luxuries.

    ReplyDelete