Monday, May 24, 2010

Extra Credit Blog

This year in MWH I learned a lot of different aspects of the world, and what different cultures and countries go by. I learned a lot about nationalism and how each country presents their aspects differently. I think the biggest and most important thing i learned this year was geography. Now I know where a lot more countries are on the map, before im not going to lie but i barley knew where any places were. This will be important for the rest of my life and when I start traveling more. I learned a few new study skills, and a lot of writing research papers. The final research paper we wrote really made me think hard about what i was talking about and what needed to be researched. I also learned how to crank out a good thesis statement and find decent research to help me back up my points. These skills will come in handy next year during US history. I loved our class this year and will remember XIA D block Modern World History Class forever WOOOOOO!!!




1 comment:

  1. Great post, Kaitlin. It made me feel very nostalgic about this year. Perhaps now that you are familiar with the geography part of history, you could look towards developing analytical skills, which would be great. You don't have to worry about the basic facts anymore!

    I agree with the essay writing. Because Ms. Xia made us write longer papers, the onerous task got easier over time.

    ReplyDelete