Research Paper blogging:Okay, the final stretch! You know the drill:- Label with your name and #Research- Cite your source as best you can.Away!
1. The police in Arizona have the right to detain anyone they suspect are in this country illegally. I believe that if people break the law, they must be accountable. Being in this country without a citizenship, passport, or visa, is illegal.
2. Being arrested/detained because of racial profilling is unconstitutional. I believe that just the fact that someone is of a certain race is not enough grounds to arrest or detain someone. That is unconstitutional. But, if racial profiling is just one of many facts that lead authorities to suspect someone, then I am ok with the detention. Ex. (no English language, wearing an apron coming out from the service entrance of a restaurant, and being hispanic in Arizona.) That is enough information to suspect that they may be in this country illegally.
3. President Obama believes that the immigration law in Arizona is unconstitutional. Why does he not penalize business's that employ illegal immigrants with a huge fine. Then business's will not take the chance of hiring illegals. With no jobs available, people who do not have the right to be in this country will no longer come here just to work because there will be no jobs.
4. If you are arrested, your fnger prints are now automatically sent to US Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency. Over 169 counties in the US are now doing this. I think this will increase the deportation of illegals.
5. State Attorney Jerry Brown believes that San Francisco should be amoung the 169 counties. I agree.
Associated Press 5/26/10
Yahoo news 5/20/10