Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Class Discussion and Relgion's Purpose

During class we had a very heated conversation in class about religion, God, and the "Scientific Revolution". Being a devout Catholic, I have a very strong belief about God and religion's true purpose. I am just going to voice my opinion because I am some what confused on our homework. I personally feel that religion is a pillar for humanity, and it is always there to support us. Ever since our evolution from apes, we have always wondered about who we are, why we are here, and how we have been brought to Earth. I personally feel that this is why religion was formed, to provide all of these answers that every single human being needs to have answered to keep them sane. If people to do not have any feeling about stand on these questions, then I truly feel they are not human, because this is part of brain and how we were "made", to wonder about these questions. Religion has provided answers and up until this "Scientific Revolution", people have followed what their religion says about these questions. I still follow what my religion says about the questions of life because I personally believe they are the right answers. Obviously I do not believe that the Earth is in the center of the Solar System, but I believe in the answers that religion has given me. I have grown up around these answers and they are what will keep me sane until I die, because it is what I want to believe. If someone disagrees and believes that there is no God, then that is their personal belief about these questions, due to the fact God has to do with almost of these questions. I belief in my ideas and I want them to be true, and no single person has to prove that my beliefs are true or false, because all the proof I need is my belief. Wasn't sure if this is what you wanted, but I thought I would voice my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment