Thursday, September 3, 2009

Alexandra's blog, pg. 365-369

Connect:

As I read about the world's development of the Fifteenth Century, I became familiar with the shaping of human communities, the agricultural societies, and the way of the peoples. Yes, the text I was reading was informing me of events taking place long before our time, however there was an occurance I continually pondered upon in which related to what I was reading.  When I realized I was unable to place my finger on exactly what these common threads could be tying to, I came to the conclusion that the world in the Fifteenth Century did not resemble a certain occasion, instead it directly corresponds to society today. In the few pages read, there were more changes named than I can count using both my hands and feet. This is the theme our world runs on today, constantly evolving. Eternally changing is how one lives, perfectly fitting the description of a member of our world. This connection provided me with a constant visual in my head, not of the actual happenings of past events but instead of the mannerisms they were done in. Whether it was people of the Paleolithic age working alongside their neighbors, responding to differences in the environment, or establishing civilizations and empires, as extremity in variation that the happenings of the fifteenth century were compared to society today, we continue to work in the same way- rolling with the changes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment