Sunday, December 13, 2009

Extra Credit

I think that tests can help you learn how to manage your time and how to prepare for larger assessments. I don't think many people really care for them that much, but they help establish critical time management skills. When you have a big test that covers a lot of material you need to learn to put time aside to study and to study at least a couple days rather than just cramming the night before.

Studying for tests can very depending on the class, the material, the teacher, and how you learn best. Flash-cards are a great way to help you memorize facts or terms. I love making extensive review sheets because writing it out helps me remember the material and it is nice to have everything organized in one place. Then I can go over it and star what I need to study more and check off what I feel confident about.

I think that material wise, you can remember something during the test or make a connection that you hadn't previously thought of. I guess if you didn't study very well then the material may be new and then you can learn something. But I wouldn't really on learning the whole test while you are taking it because I am pretty sure that isn't very possible and I don't think you would be very happy with your grade.

I think that study sessions are also a great way to review for a test. If there isn't a study session then come in and see if you can meet with your teacher. When I do to study sessions I find it best if you have studied before you come in and then come in with certain questions rather than just telling the teacher to quiz you are tell you what you need to know.

I don't really like tests. I prefer projects and presentations I think. That is mostly because I do better on those but tests are a great way to assess how well the students are learning and how well the teacher is teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment