Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trial Reflection

Not only did this trial help us learn and review everything we have learned about the Enlightenment and the French Revolution, it also helped us gain skills to use in the future in academics. This trial helped me learn how to research for a specific person, mentally prepare to address a jury of people and know exactly what I am talking about, compact my ideas into a compact speech, and work with others while still working individually. I had to research Thomas Hobbes and know so much about him that I could ask him any question and still have the answer be exactly what I want. This is a very important skill to have. Mentally preparing to address a group of people dramatically in order to prove a point is important as well, because it is always a good thing to be able to pursuade people to see things from your point of view. Being able to summarize points into a compact speech is better than reciting a huge long essay because people can better understand and pay attention to your point and not just how bored they are of listening to your voice. Finally, I learned how to work on my own part of a project and then have it be able to easily fit in with the style and tone of other people individual part of the same project. All of these skills will greatly help me in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Lizzie I agree with you, the skills we learned from this trial will help us. To be more concise and even persuasive I think these are great skills for our future since most of our jobs will be connecting with people. Also its true when you say that we need to learn how to work on our own and also work in a group. Because I felt that this was a group project but at the same time I was sometimes able to work alone with out anyone else assistance. Lizzie I think that you really saw the skills we achieved from this trial and a great way of stating it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzie I completely agree with you. I also like how it gave us sort of a little taste of what a real trial is like. Not necessarily that our trial was perfect but it let us learn what it would be like if we were lawyers or witnesses in cases in the future. I had a lot of fun during our trial and i also think its a lot of fun to get really into projects like we did. At some points I was SO frustrated at the other team just because I completely 100% believed what my team was representing. It is a lot of fun to get into little arguments over our opinions about things that have happened in the past.

    ReplyDelete