Monday, October 12, 2009

Jeopardy

For my presentation I'm designing a game of Jeopardy, with all of the questions relating to the revolutions that we have studied. As the Revolutions unit comes to a close, I think this would be a good way to help people review for the test. Also, I think it would be nice for the class to learn and enjoy themselves at the same time.

On Moodle, it says that the rest of the unit will be spent in the library, or preparing for the trial. I think it would work well if we played the game on 10/21 (right before our exam, on the review day). I know this is a couple weeks away, but I imagine that the game will potentially take up a large chunk of class time (that is, depending on how I end up designing it). I just wanted to let Ms. Xia know now, so that she could plan class time accordingly.

Or, if you guys don't really think Jeopardy would be a fun/interesting/productive use of class time, just let me know in the comments. I just thought it might be a fun way to end the unit, but I'm always open to changing things up.

(also, credits to Elle and Dylan for originally coming up with the idea)

Ill be using a PowerPoint presentation for the game.

-Cy

3 comments:

  1. Cy,
    i think that jeopardy is a great idea. It is a fun way for us to review and prepare for the test. it would definitely take a whole class period, since we have covered a lot of information for for the revolutions. i think we should do it a little sooner, because they day before the test doesn't give us much time to study what we struggled with in jeopardy. it is a great idea and will be a good amount of work to create the game, but will be of great help to the whole class, and will be fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'll leave it up to Ms. Xia to figure out what day would be best.

    (obviously, this shouldn't count as an official comment for two points, I'm just trying to make it clear that I'm flexible when it comes to scheduling).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's do it on test review day (10/21). Hopefully by then people will have a better grasp of the revolutions unit through the trial. If it is the case that people are still confused, I'll consider postponing the quest by a day.

    ReplyDelete