Friday, April 23, 2010

Current Event: Slaughter of Dolphins In Taiji, Japan

For my Current Event I was hoping to do something about the slaughter of dolphins in Japan. I wanna look more into the history and see why we are unable to stop it. Here is a little background sort of article that may help you understand everything a little better. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/sep/14/dolphin-slaughter-hunting-japan-taiji
This is a problem that needs to stop. Maybe I could approach this from a legal or UN point of view. I still need to find some way to connect it to other history. Unless I can just look deeper into this problem.

1 comment:

  1. John, great post! What are some of the issues regarding the slaughter of dolphins in Japan? Have you had a chance to look deeper into this, or not yet? I have not heard much regarding this topic, so it will be interesting to see what ends up happening and if the result matches what you would hope to do for the situation. Also, isn't there a dolphin's club at Menlo? This blog suggests that you care for the dolphins in Japan, so maybe it would be beneficial for you to introduce this issue to the dolphin club. Great job!

    ReplyDelete