Monday, August 31, 2009

Lead Poisoning Stokes Tensions in Chinese Town

Over the summer, one article that interested me was "Lead Poisoning Stokes Tensions in Chinese Town." I read the article on yahoo news and learned that the author focused a lot on how the event occurred and what small environmental issues led to such a big tragedy, killing many families. Then I compared this same article to The New York Times. This article focused more on the injuries and hardships people faced. It gave a clear picture of how the people of China must have gone through, knowing that so many other natural disasters have occurred also. By looking at both perspectives, I feel like yahoo news gave me more of an overview, while The New York Times gave me a very vivid image of the event, and how the entire community reacted.

No comments:

Post a Comment